Wednesday, November 28, 2007

This Work Thing Sucks

Even princesses need to work. Among the many freak shows I work with, one particular project manager irks me and has frankly set my crown off center on many occasions. We work together on a doomed project that grows and grows, and never really seems to get ahead.

Recently, this project manager has whined about the number of hours I billed on his project. Fine. I immediately cut back on the hours I was spending on the project, including going to silly meetings that were very boring and a waste of my time. The project manager smirked and was thrilled to see the cost of his project going down. As you will soon see, this was short-sighted.

Today, I reviewed minutes from a meeting I didn't attend and discovered an oopsie: the project team thought there was a major problem that could stop the whole show. If I had been able to attend the meeting, I could have told them that I had resolved the issue quietly two weeks ago. It certainly wasn't worth getting your pores clogged over. I quickly informed the project manager that everything was fixed and everything was fine. And after months of verbal beatings, he finally sent me praise worth of a princess:

"Princess is good, Princess is great and we thank her for her analysis....AMEN!"